1810 - The Lodge was chartered on the 6th day of August, at Wilsontown Store.
1812 - Lodge No.236 sponsored Lodge Lockhart St. John No.248.
1816 - The number of the Lodge was changed by the Grand Lodge of Scotland to No. 230.
1822 - The number was again changed to No. 240 by the Grand Lodge of Scotland.
1826 - The Lodge was given back its original number.
1828 - A Benevolent Society was formed by the Lodge.
1836 - Our first ever Masonic Walk was held on St John's Day. It is recorded in the minute of March, that a Masonic Walk would be held on the 24 June, the Festival day of St. John the Baptist. On the day of the Walk the Brethren would meet in the Lodge, and walk to the Master's house, where two or three senior Office bearers would enter and dress the Master in his regalia, then they would all walk back to the meeting place, where the Master on his last day of office would preside over the Election, and Installation of Office bearers for the ensuing year. The Brethren would then sit down and celebrate the Festival of St. John. This was the format from 1836 till 1857, when it was changed to our present system, Nomination, & Election in October, Annual Installation in December, and Annual Masonic Walk on the fourth Saturday in June, nearest the 24th. The first Flag was purchased by the Lodge. The Brethren of the Lodge paid one shilling each.
1848 - St. John was added to the Lodge name.
1851 - The Lodge moved from Wilsontown Store to Forth, to a small Hall which was situated behind the Inn, Main Street.
1856 - The Lodge sponsored Lodge St. John Crofthead No. 374, Fauldhouse.
1869 - The first visit to the Lodge by the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lanarkshire Upper Ward. The Provincial Grand Master Bro. James Hozier was made an Honourary Member of the Lodge.
1871 - A second Flag was purchased for the Lodge for the princely sum of £11.2s.0d. (£11.10)
1884 - The Lodge walked in procession down Lothian Road, Edinburgh. After which the Brethren enjoyed a picnic in Princes Street Gardens.
1886 - The Benevolent Society closed its books having been in existence for sixty years. The Society had started a few years before the Grand Lodge of Scotland Benevolent Fund which began in 1845.
1910 - The hundredth anniversary of the Lodge was celebrated on the 6th August with a torchlight procession to mark the occasion. The procession encircled both Wilsontown Store, and the old school where a few Lodge Meetings were previously held.
1926 - The Armoury Buildings, Main Street, Forth was purchased from Bro. James McCulloch, of Forth Inn for the sum of: £775.0s.0d. The consecration of the Masonic Hall was performed by the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lanarkshire Upper Ward on the 6 August.
1939-45 - The Masonic Hall was taken over by the Military for the duration of the Second World War.
1960 - The Lodge celebrated its 150th Anniversary which was attended by the Grand Lodge of Scotland.
1972 - The Grand Master Mason Bro. David Ian Liddell Granger of Ayton visited the Lodge.
1977 - The Masonic Hall was re-dedicated by the Provincial Grand Master Bro. George B Kay, & the Commissioned Office bearers of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lanarkshire Upper Ward.
At the Annual Walk, the members of Forth Brass Band presented the Lodge with lovely chairs for the Worshipful Wardens.
1978 - The Lodge purchased a new Lodge Banner.
1984 - In March, at the Regular Meeting Bro. Thomas M Sheppard, PM & Bro. Thomas Ballantyne, PM, PPGSW were each presented with Distinguished Service Diplomas by the R.W.M. Bro. William P Walker in recognition of their long service to the Lodge, and Freemasonry.
1985 - The Lodge celebrates its 175th Anniversary with an E.A. Degree by the Scottish Police Degree Team who were warmly welcomed by the R.W.M. Bro. George R Robb. The Meeting was followed by a very pleasant Harmony and Toast List.
1988 - At the Regular Meeting in May, Bro. Thomas M Sheppard, PM informed the Brethren that he had received Honourary Grand Rank (Honourary Grand Bible Bearer) at the Quarterly Communication of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lanarkshire Upper Ward from the Provincial Grand Master Bro. Thomas E Riley for faithful service to the Lodge. Bro Sheppard was also presented with a Certificate to mark his 70 years as a Member of the Craft by the R.W.M. Bro. Robert H Allan, Office Bearers, & Brethren of Lodge No.236.
1989 - Our R.W.M. Bro. Robert H Allan, was appointed Provincial Grand Chaplain by the Provincial Grand Master Bro. Archie M Galbraith which was received with much affection as it was the first time in the history of our Lodge that a Brother had received such a high honour. Bro. Allan, was also appointed a Grand Steward to the Grand Lodge of Scotland, a position he still holds.
1997 - The Regular Meeting in April, was a most auspicious occasion when Bro. Thomas M Sheppard, PM celebrated his 100th birthday. The Meeting was attended by many distinguished Brethren. Bro. Sheppard was placed in the chair of the Lodge by the R.W.M. Bro. John G Wilson whilst Bro. William F Smith, Lodge Almoner gave a fascinating account of his life up to the present day. Other Brethren also gave warm and sincere tributes to Bro. Sheppard who most suitably replied. After various presentations to Bro. Tom the Meeting was closed and called to Harmony to round off a truly memorable night which was enjoyed by all present. Bro. Thomas Marshall Sheppard, PM was called to the Grand Lodge above in February, 1998 just shortly before reaching his 101st year. Indeed if he had been spared for a few short months he would have been a Freemason for eighty years.
1998 - At the September Quarterly Communication of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lanarkshire Upper Ward Bro. John Hepburn, PM was presented with Honourary Grand Rank by the Provincial Grand Master Bro. James F Clark in recognition of his services to the Craft. Bro. Hepburn was invested with the rank of Honourary Grand Director of Ceremonies.
2000 - At the Regular Meeting in January, Bro. John Hepburn, PM was presented with a Distinguished Service Diploma by the Provincial Grand Master Bro. James D MacLean in recognition for long service to our Lodge spanning over forty years and also to the Craft. Bro. Hepburn was also presented with a few gifts to mark the occasion. A Harmony followed where the Brethren of the Lodge paid warm and sincere tributes to Bro. John. Bro. Hepburn most suitably replied in his usual pawky humour.
In May, at the Regular Communication of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lanarkshire Upper Ward which was well attended by the Brethren of Lodge No.236 to witness Bro. Iain M McGovern, PM being presented with a Past Provincial Grand Senior Wardens Jewel by the Provincial Grand Master Bro. James D MacLean in recognition of 18 years service as an Office Bearer of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lanarkshire Upper Ward. At the Installation Meeting in December, Bro. McGovern was installed as the Right Worshipful Master by Bro. John Hepburn, PM & Bro. Iain T Findlay, PM Lodge 187 Honourary Member of Lodge No.236 It was pointed out at the Harmony following the Installation that Bro. McGovern had now served the Lodge as Master in three decades: 1982, 1993 and 2001 and that this was thought to be quite a unique achievement.
2001 - On the 23 June, (the Master's birthday) the Annual Masonic Walk was carried out in the old traditional style. It was voted to be an outstanding success by everyone who attended.
2002 - At the Regular Meeting in February, two Brethren of our Lodge Bro. William F Smith, Almoner & Bro. David S Walker, Treasurer were both presented with engraved jewels by the R.W.M. Bro. Mark D Nicol in recognition of over 25 years as Office bearers in our Lodge. After the presentations the R.W.M. & other Lodge Office bearers paid them both warm tributes. Both Bro. Smith and Bro. Walker responded with sincere and heartfelt thanks to the Lodge.
2005 - Our Lodge Almoner Bro. William F Smith was presented with his diamond certificate from the Grand Lodge of Scotland at the Regular Meeting on 9th May by the R.W.M. Bro. Iain M McGovern, PM. Bro. Smith has now been a member of our Lodge for 60 years which is indeed quite remarkable.
2010 - R.W.M. Bro John Hepburn and the brethren of the Lodge celebrated the Bi-Centenary of the Lodge including the annual walk, and the issuing of medals to commemorate the occasion.
2012 - The Lodge receives an external facelift and internal refurbishment under the leadership of R.W.M. Bro James Beveridge.
2015/6 - Internal facelift completed including the meeting room with display cabinets for Masonic and lodge memorabilia and disability lift installed for access to the main hall